Host Nation Address: Advancing Tanzania’s localisation agenda
17:00 - 00:00
As regulations are finalised for Tanzania’s local content policy, a close coordination between the Government, oil and gas companies and education institutions is critical for achieving a realistic, achievable target that ensures the nation’s gas reserves translate into sustainable development through local employment and enterprise.
With a closer coordination between the IOCs, education institutions, development agencies and foreign aid investors, a number of local skills and enterprise development programmes have matured, whilst benchmarking studies have provided situational analysis on skills gaps, and are informing next steps. Technical and vocational level education and training remains a top priority for the Government and industry.
This executive panel of Government, industry and education will consider Tanzania’s current localisation performance and identify how public and private stakeholders can further advance cooperation to achieve shared localisation goals.
- Richard Tainton SVP International - Wentworth Resources
- Angela Hennelly Country Director, Tanzania - British Council
- Kapuulya Musomba Ag. Managing Director - Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC)
- Marc den Hartog VP East Africa - BG Group/Shell
- Professor Cuthbert Kimambo Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research) - University of Dar es Salaam
« Back to previous page